Summer Camps Information & Policies
Registration is open until 12:00 p.m. the Friday before camp. Registration may close earlier for select camps that require special supply orders. Be sure to register early to secure your child’s spot at camp!
Early Bird Discounts
Many camps have an automatically applied early bird discount if you register on or before February 29. See camp pricing details to determine if your camp qualifies.
Day Camp Sibling Discounts
Families registering campers for Camp Lion, Little Lion Camp, or Cub Camp, our traditional day camp experiences for your JK-5th grade, will automatically receive a discount on siblings registered at the same time. Families will receive $50 off half-day and $75 off full-day registrations on all additional same-family registrations after the first registration.
You may choose to join a waitlist for full camps that are full. We highly recommend that you put your name on the waitlist. Plans change all the time. If slots open, we will reach out to waitlist families in order of their registration.
Lunch Care (12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.) is available for $30/week* for campers to bridge morning and afternoon camps or extend their morning camp day by an hour. Campers will be escorted to/from their camps and supervised this time. Campers need to bring a bag lunch as no food service is provided on campus.
*Special note: Roar Camp, Camp Lion, Little Lions Camp, Cub Camp, and Musical Theater for Middle School include Lunch Care as part of your registration fee.
Before and After Care
Before and After Care is available for campers JK-8th grade who need to be dropped off early or picked up after camp. As part of this service, caregivers will escort campers to/from their camps and provide a variety of activities. Before Care campers may arrive between 7:30 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. After Care campers may be picked up between 4:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Before Care is $50/week, and After Care is $50/week.*
*Special note: Roar Camp, Camp Lion, Little Lions Camp, and Cub Camp (Full-day) include Before and After Care at no additional cost, but you must indicate that you would like Before and/or After Care when you register.
What to Bring to Camp
All campers should bring a labeled water bottle and a daily snack. Full-day campers and campers staying for lunch will also need to pack a lunch and an afternoon snack. Camp directors and the CDS Camps Office will reach out to inform registered campers/families of any additional instructions prior to camp.
The CDS Camps Office will communicate specific instructions for drop-off/pick-up via email in advance of each camp. The email will include a campus map to direct you to the appropriate drop-off/pick-up location on the Covenant Day campus. (Football and Disc Golf camps take place at Warner Park.)
Cancellations, Exchanges, & Refunds
In the unlikely event that CDS needs to cancel a specific camp program due to insufficient enrollment, CDS will inform parents at least 14 days prior to the camp’s start date, and all fees will be refunded. Should your summer plans change, you may exchange your camp for another camp for a fee of $20. You may also opt to cancel your camp registration and request a refund based on the schedule below:
- Cancellation before May 1: 100% camp cost refunded less a $35 processing fee.
- Cancellation on or after May 1 (and at least 14 days prior to your camp): 50% of camp cost refunded.
- Cancellation less than 14 days prior to your camp: CAMP COST NON-REFUNDABLE.
Additional Camp Details
- CDS Summer Camps are open to the community. Invite your friends!
- Registration is based on the grade level your camper will be entering for the 2024-25 school year.
- Camps run Monday through Friday unless otherwise indicated.
- Camps are subject to change in the event of insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances.
- To register for CDS Ssummer Ccamps, visit www.covenantday.org/summercamps.
To view a campus map, visit www.covenantday.org/campusmap.
- Covenant Day High School: 201 Covenant Church Lane, Matthews, NC 28105
- Warner Park (Football/Disc Golf Camps): 515 Matthews Township Parkway, Matthews, NC 28105
- Covenant Day Main Gym (Middle School side entrance): 200 Covenant Church Lane, Matthews, NC 28105
- Covenant Day School (Main Office): 800 Fullwood Lane, Matthews, NC 28105
For general summer camp and registration questions or to inquire regarding a specific camp, please contact the CDS Camps Office at email@example.com or via phone at 704-708-6194.