Camp Information & Policies
REGISTRATION DEADLINE & COST
Registration is open until Friday at noon the week before each camp begins.* Please contact the Summer Camps Office Friday afternoon if you are interested in attending camp but registration has closed. Early registration is strongly recommended to secure your spot at camp.
*Registration may close earlier for select camps that require special supply orders.
Many camps have an automatically-applied early-bird discount if you register on or before February 28th. See camp pricing details to determine if your camp qualifies.
CAMP LION SIBLING DISCOUNT
Families registering more than one child for CAMP LION will receive $50 off all regular priced registrations after the first registration. This discount will automatically be applied at registration.
For camps that are full, you may choose to be added to a wait list in the event openings become available.
LUNCH HOUR (12 pm - 1 pm)
Campers attending the supervised lunch hour may purchase the FLIK Boxed Lunch Program ($40) or Lunch Care-Only ($25). These campers will be escorted to/from their camps and are supervised at all times.
- The FLIK Boxed Lunch Program ($40) includes a boxed lunch for each day of camp containing a hearty sandwich, fresh cut or whole fruit, pasta salad, cookies and a beverage.
- Campers who choose Lunch Care-Only ($25) pack their own lunch to eat during this time.
* Special note: Full-Day camp programs (ex. Camp Lion Full Day, Middle School Theater) include supervision during lunch. The FLIK Boxed Lunch can be added for the additional $40 fee.
BEFORE AND AFTER CARE
Before and After Care is available for campers TK-8th grade where campers will be supervised and engaged in a variety of activities. Campers may arrive between 7:30 am - 8:45 am and will be escorted to their camp at 8:45 am. Additionally, campers may stay after camp from 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm. Before Care is $45/week and After Care is $45/week.
WHAT TO BRING TO CAMP
All campers should bring a labeled water bottle and a daily snack. Full-day campers will also need to purchase the FLIK Boxed Lunch Program or pack a lunch. Camp directors and the CDS Camps Office will reach out to inform registered campers/families of any additional instructions.
Camps will be held on the CDS campus/Warner Park fields and a select few camps will include off-site activities. The CDS Camps Office will communicate instructions for pick-up/drop-off in advance of each camp.
CANCELLATIONS, EXCHANGES & REFUNDS
In the unlikely event that CDS would need to cancel a specific camp program due to insufficient enrollment, CDS will inform parents at least 14 days prior to the camp’s start date and all fees will be refunded. Should your summer plans change, you may exchange your camp for another camp for a fee of $25.
You may also opt to cancel your camp registration and request a refund based on the below schedule:
- Cancellations on or before May 3, 2019: 100% camp cost refunded minus a $35 processing fee
- Cancellations after May 3, 2019 (and at least 14 days prior to your camp): 50% camp cost refunded
- Cancellations less than 14 days prior to your camp: Camp cost non-refundable
ADDITIONAL CAMP DETAILS
- Camps are listed for the rising grades for the 2019-20 school year.
- Camps will run Monday through Friday unless otherwise indicated.
- CDS summer camps are open to the community. (Invite your friends!)
- Camps are subject to change in the unlikely event of insufficient enrollment.
- To register for CDS summer camps, visit www.covenantday.org/summercamps.
To view a campus map, visit www.covenantday.org/campusmap
- Covenant Day School: 800 Fullwood Lane, Matthews, NC 28105
- Warner Park: 515 Matthews Township Parkway, Matthews, NC 28105
- Covenant Day Gym: 200 Covenant Church Lane, Matthews, NC 28105
- For questions regarding a specific camp, please contact the camp director (name and email included in the printable camps catalog).
- For general summer camp and registration questions, please contact the CDS Camps Office at email@example.com or 704-847-2385.