Baseball - Varsity Boys
David Houseton - Head Coach | EMAIL
Coach Houseton hails from Youngstown, OH but calls the Charlotte area his home. He played two years of varsity baseball at Charlotte Christian before moving on to play at the collegiate level at Motlow State and the University of North Alabama. He earned a BLS from Wingate University and currently works as the Assistant Athletic Director at Covenant Day School. Houseton has seventeen years of coaching experience at the high school level and in travel ball circles. He coached for eight years at Charlotte Christian and then joined the Covenant Day staff as the Varsity Head Baseball Coach in 2009. Houseton has been named Coach of the Year by Matthews Mint Hill Weekly and also coached the gold medal-winning State Games/Region 6 team in 2016.
Earl Oliver - Asst. Coach | EMAIL
Coach Oliver is a native of Kingston, NY. He attended South Mecklenburg High School in Charlotte where he played four years of baseball and earned both All-Conference and All-State honors. He was a member of the NCHSA State Championship team in 2013, and was named MVP during that time. Oliver played two years of club baseball while attending East Carolina University, and has seven years of coaching experience. In addition to his role with Covenant Day's varsity team, he also coaches the South Charlotte Braves travel baseball team. Coach Oliver has been part of the CDS coaching staff since 2017.
Hunter Grey '10 (Covenant College)
Taylor Fisher '12 (Gardner-Webb University)
Garrett Vaughn '13 (Lenoir Rhyne University)
Taylor Stewart '13 (Lenoir Rhyne University)
Spencer Hutchinson '14 (Cedarville University)
Matt Cotton '14 (Lynchburg College)
Peter Englert '14 (Lenoir-Rhyne University)
Chris Cotton '16 (Washington and Lee University)
Mitchell Cope '17 (Anderson University)
Heath McKay '17 (Anderson University
Ellison Byers '17 (Catawba College)
Eli Ellington '17 (UNC-Charlotte)
Caleb Embry '18 (Lenoir Rhyne University)
Elijah Hunt '18 (Guilford Technical Community College)
Baseball - Varsity Boys
Click HERE for detailed Pre-Season Information for Spring 2019
- Varsity is for boys in grades 9 – 12. JV is for boys in grades 9-11.
- First day of practice/tryouts will be February 18. Athletes should meet at Warner Park ready to play at 10 am, and again at 3 pm.
- Regular practice times begin February 19. Athletes should be on the field and ready to play by 3:45pm.
- Covenant Day will provide jerseys and game pants.
- Students are expected to provide cleats, gloves, personal gear, and will purchase hats through the school. Bats must be BBCOR stamped.
- Contact Coach Houseton regarding preseason workouts.
- Coach Houseton may be reached at email@example.com