Volleyball - Varsity Girls
Heather Mills - Head Coach | EMAIL
Coach Mills has coached high school volleyball for over twenty years, including the last fourteen at Covenant Day. She grew up around athletics on college campuses where she learned to draw upon the life lessons in teamwork and competition that come from participating in sports.Mills earned her BS in History/Political Science and Secondary Education from Oklahoma Wesleyan University, and also holds a Masters in History from Winthrop University. She currently serves students through a combination of athletics and counseling as the Director of Guidance and College Counseling at CDS. During the past eight years, Coach Mills has had several of her athletes go on to play collegiate volleyball at universities from the D-3 to D-1 level, and has taken the CDS Lady Lions to the 3A NCISAA State Championship finals for three consecutive seasons, earning the runner-up title each time. Since joining the Covenant Day coaching staff in 2002, Coach Mills is most proud of the community within the volleyball program where all coaches and players are contributing to an atmosphere that fosters teamwork, stewardship, spiritual development and tenacity.Karen Stewart - Assistant Coach | EMAIL
Coach Stewart was a four-year varsity volleyball player during her high school career in Japan. She attended Central Piedmont Community College and UNC-Charlotte. She has worked as the Administrative Assistant at Christ Our Shepherd children's ministries for seventeen years. Her extensive coaching career includes two years in Japan, eleven years at the Carolina Juniors Volleyball club, and twelve years at Covenant Day at all levels from middle school to varsity. Coach Stewart joined the CDS coaching staff in 2004.
Beyond the Game with Meg Hopkins - South Charlotte Sports Report
Lions Volleyball Looks Strong - Matthews Mint Hill Weekly
LIONS BEYOND CDS
Lauren Villarreal '08 (Palm Beach Atlantic University)
Kayla Osterhus '10 (Wingate University)
Jessica Pace '11 (Pfeiffer University)
Shelby Nassar '13 (Wingate University)
Megan Embry '15 (Anderson University )
Christina Goforth '15 (Berry College)
Hannah Billiard '15 (Berry College)
Charissa Coleman '16 (Gardner Webb University)
Sarah BIlliard '17 (University of Virginia)
Kristen Seibert '17 (Wofford College)
Meg Hopkins ’19 (Averett University)
Taylor Weber ’19 (Anderson University)
Volleyball - Varsity Girls
Varsity/JV Girls Volleyball 2019
- Varsity is for girls in grades 9-12. JV is for girls in grades 9-11.
- Tryouts will be held July 29-30 from 9:00a.m.-12:00p.m. Team camp will follow, July 31-Aug. 2.
- Athletes should meet in the Main Gym.
- Covenant Day will provide home and away jerseys.
- Athletes must provide shoes, practice and game shorts, knee pads, and personal gear.
- Coach Mills may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paperwork: All athletes must have a current physical (within the last year), parent permission form, signed concussion statement, and the $25 supplemental athletic insurance payment submitted prior to the first day of tryouts/practice. Questions about the portal and paperwork should be directed to Jennifer Harding. email@example.com