We understand that choosing a school for your children is an important family decision. We want to help you in your process of learning more about Covenant Day School and whether it is the right fit for your family. Below you will find questions that prospective parents have found helpful when making their decision. You can also check out our Fast Facts for more information about Covenant Day School.
- How much homework is given?
- What is the application deadline?
- How can parents get involved?
- What are the age requirements for TK/K?
- What criteria does the Admissions Committee consider when making an admission decision?
- Why does Covenant Day ask for a pastor’s recommendation and what if my pastor does not know me?
- What are the school hours?
- What is an average class size?
- Is Covenant Day School accredited?
- Are your teachers licensed?
- Do your students wear uniforms?
- Is before/after school care available?
- When may students participate in athletics?
- What is the admissions process for international students?
Covenant Day maintains rolling admissions; there is no deadline for applying. However, in order to be considered in the first round of acceptances, applications must be received by January 15. Click here for more information about the admissions process.
At Covenant Day, we love our parents! We are grateful for their presence and help. We have a strong Parents Association, a Room Moms network, a chapter of Moms in Prayer, and many other opportunities for parents to contribute both in and out of the classroom. Click here to learn how you can get involved.
The Admissions Committee considers many criteria, depending on the applicant’s entering grade level, when selecting a qualified applicant. Some of those criteria may include:
- mission appropriateness of both the student and the family,
- previous academic achievement,
- performance on standardized tests and admissions screening tests,
- previous conduct,
- previous participation in co-curricular activities,
- developmental readiness,
- the interview with the parents and student (grades 6-12),
- written teacher and pastor recommendations,
- observations made by faculty during a student’s tour or shadow visit, and
- the family’s active involvement in a local church.
Covenant Day believes in a “three-legged stool” philosophy of Christian education, that the best way to love, nurture, and support your child is for the church, family, and school to all be on the same page. To that end, it is very important to us that your family is part of a local congregation and that along with Covenant Day, your pastor and church will help you raise your child in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. If you are members of a large church and do not personally know your senior pastor, you may have the form completed by another pastor on staff, an elder, a deacon, or a ministry leader who knows your family well.
Before school care is available, free of charge, from 7:30 a.m. until the start of school. For an additional fee, an After School Enrichment Program is available for families needing after school care until 6:00 p.m.